This is the P2PU Archive. If you want the current site, go to www.p2pu.org!

Sustainability Studio

My recent threads

You haven't posted any discussions yet.

Recently updated threads

Notes from Live Studio Session #1 Jan. 26, 2011

Go back to: General discussion

If you were able to join the live event  - and especially if you couldn't - this is where we can all ask questions and reflect on the live discussion. The link to the recording will also be posted here.

What did you get out of the session?

Christine Geith's picture
Christine Geith
Wed, 2011-01-26 19:54

Paul and I tested the technology for this - and it works! Looks like we had too many scheduling conflicts to make this work today - but we'll try again. While we work on getting that scheduled, please introduce yourself and your project in the other topic in the forum.

Monica Day's picture
Monica Day
Wed, 2011-01-26 20:03

I found out that I need to get a mic to join in effectively on the conversation. I also learned a little more about a couple of the the projects that will be part of the Studio. They sound good and I'm looking forward to the course.

Monica Day's picture
Monica Day
Wed, 2011-01-26 20:09

Also, I enjoyed the discussion about how sustainability work can also be reframed as love.

Alan Webb's picture
Alan Webb
Wed, 2011-01-26 20:21

I am not sure how this happened, but it appears we ended up with two different Elluminate groups Chris!!

Our discussion included Geoffrey, George, Monica, Kristin, and me. We talked about the competencies frameworks and its history/future at MSU. We also talked about which ones each of us might work on.

I personally think I will focus on Civic Engagement and work on improving my skills at various ways of managing civic engagement through local accounts of wellbeing work, citizen circles work, and whatever else.

Echoing Monica's comment, we might take on a project together to see if we can develop a competency rubric for love, plus ways an individual can "show the love" for the planet, for themselves, for their community. (Badge possibilities??). I'd love to take on helping out on the thinking about that. I wonder if everyone in this course could be rallied around different ways we want to "show the love" and for whom?

Love,
Alan

Christine Geith
Wed, 2011-01-26 21:03

This is wild! Two different rooms - Paul and I were right "next door." (must have been because I had a different link for moderators than participants).

Glad to hear you all had a good conversation.

We are scheduled to do this again at noon eastern time on Wednesday February 9th with Taylor Reid to talk sustainable food and young farmers.

Let's all be in the same room next time ; )

Paul McKey's picture
Paul McKey
Thu, 2011-01-27 00:18

Good morning. We lazy Australians are just waking up. Beautiful sunny day (ie not raining - woohoo).

What's the best way to get a summary of the discussion?
Paul

Christine Geith
Fri, 2011-01-28 05:23

Good question Paul - I've taken the liberty of sharing what Alan emailed me about yesterday's discussion:

"Hi Chris, my take-aways are:

- It was great to hear more about the process by which you all arrived at the competency framework.
- Geoffrey seems to be struggling with the same question you and I have talked about for the need for a tool like the Living Transcript.
- George is interested in chatting about wellbeing with me.
- I love the idea of a love competency / badge ("love yourself" "love your community" "love the planet" etc.) and want to be a part of making that an outcome from this course if anyone else is interested in exploring that as a research project with me."

Also, I had a phone call with Joy and Janelle today about their Mindful Transformation project. They have some terrific ideas that they'll be sharing in the Forum and on their wiki page. I think they would also be interested in the love badge idea.

- Chris