This is the P2PU Archive. If you want the current site, go to www.p2pu.org!
Nuno is a tech entrepreneur that loves beautiful software. He has been playing with computers since 1990. He has developed software for the European Space Agency and has worked as a programmer for several years, providing solutions for desktop computers, hand-held devices and the Web. He is the founder of WidgiLabs, a company which offers WordPress based solutions. He is also a kung-fu addict for 6 years now.
WordPress has been gaining on the CMS marketshare and even won the Overall Best Open Source CMS Award in 2009. It has a great community behind it (and a growing one as well) and there is a lot of interest and enthusiasm on how to leverage WordPress on different scenarios.
Course Modus Operandi
* Monday: Students receive by email the assignment for the week.
* Wednesday: Meet on https://alforreca.campfirenow.com/c300e for discussion. I will be there to answer any questions most of the day and other folks will also help if you ask nicely. We will log the conversations and post them on-line as a recording of what happened.
* Sunday: I will post the results of the assignments (if you passed or failed).
http://bit.ly/fe4stz <------- Assignment Results
At the end of the course I will post how many challenges you did and how you did on each one.
Good luck and enjoy!
- Know what WordPress is and how it can be used both for blogging and as a CMS
- Understand what is a plugin and a widget, the difference between the two and how to develop them
- Know the Plugin API (actions and filters)
- Using WP_DEBUG and SCRIPT_DEBUG
- Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
- Themes and Templates: how to create and how to customize them
Students of this class must have:
- installed a self-hosted version of WordPress.org