This is the P2PU Archive. If you want the current site, go to www.p2pu.org!

Javascript: 101

My recent threads

You haven't posted any discussions yet.

Recently updated threads

Would you like to run Javascript 101 in April?

Go back to: General discussion

Is anyone interested in facilitating Javascript 101 in the April semester of SoW (starting April 18th)? I will be glad to help out as a o-facilitator.

Details for creating a course draft can be found at 

http://p2pu.org/create-draft-course-panel

Maya Incaand's picture
Maya Incaand
Tue, 2011-03-08 21:13

How many hours total did you spend?

Parag Shah's picture
Parag Shah
Wed, 2011-03-09 06:30

I spend about 10 - 12 hours per week, and there was some amount of time I spent initially creating the course page, managing enrollments, etc.

However that was because along with learning along in the course, I also created the questions to ponder and assignments for track 1. I also tried to read at least a few blog posts every week.

Maya Incaand's picture
Maya Incaand
Wed, 2011-03-09 12:20

OK, if you had to do it again:-)

1) Would you restrict the number of participants?
2) What single major change would you make, if any?

Parag Shah's picture
Parag Shah
Wed, 2011-03-09 13:55

I am on the fence about restricting participants. But I think it does make sense to restrict the participants to 50 - 60 good applications. This will ensure a better learning experience for everyone.

The biggest change I would make is getting rid of Eloquent Javascript :-). I think I would still use Douglas Crockford videos, along with links to explanatory material. Also homework assignments that actually manipulated a webpage from week 1 itself.

Maya Incaand's picture
Maya Incaand
Wed, 2011-03-09 15:39

I'm doing the challenges, just finishing number 4.

After (if) I get done with them, I will give some more thought to facilitating the next course.